Water Soluble Purge Film
The Water Soluble Purge Film is a completely biodegradable, water soluble purge film that can be used as a purge gas barrier during TIG welding and is a highly effective alternative when total purging is impractical or too costly. Flexible and robust, the Water Soluble Purge Film can be used on stainless, duplex, and chromium steels as well as titanium alloys.
Available in 1 x 20 meter rolls center-folded or wound on a core, this transparent film can be cut to the desired size for any pipe diameter. Liquifilm can be punctured for gas inlets and outlets with little risk of tearing and has high-force resistance enabling the weld area to maintain a greater level of positive pressure.
The Water Soluble Purge Film can be placed in close proximity to the weld zone, then dissolved with hot or cold water or steam that is introduced through the pipe. Less inert gas will be used, ultimately leading to lower costs for the overall welding operation. An impenetrable purge barrier, the Water Soluble Purge Film is suitable for nuclear, aerospace, and other applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Impenetrable Purge Barrier
- Excellent barrier for retaining noble gas (argon or argon/helium mix)
Flexible and Robust
- For use on stainless, duplex and chromium steels and titanium alloys
- Can be punctured for gas inlets and outlets with little risk of tearing
- High resistance to pressure, allowing for greater positive pressure to be maintained in weld area
- Transparency allows for ease of viewing during welding process
Ease of Removal
- Rapidly dissolves in hot or cold water
- Leaves no residue in the pipeline
- Suitable for nuclear, aerospace, and other applications
HOW IT WORKS
- Clean inside of pipe with the Industrial Cleaning Wipes, model AA97205, removing contaminants from surface.
- Apply the Water Soluble Adhesive, model AA97212, to inside of pipe. Thoroughly coat the entire circumference of the pipe surface where film is to be placed.
- Trace pipe’s inner diameter by pressing the Water Soluble Purge Film along pipe edge, creating an impression. Then fold to form a 90° angle. Cut the Water Soluble Purge Film in a circle around the impression, approximately one-third times greater than pipe diameter.
- Press glossy surface of the Water Soluble Purge Film against tacky adhesive inside the pipe to create an air tight seal. If required, puncture a small hole in the center of the purge dam to allow oxygen to escape or dissipate through the root gap.