Remotely Operated Acoustic Hailing Device
The customizable Remotely Operated Acoustic Hailing Device, also known as Long Range Acoustic Device LRAD, with a pan and tilt positioning device, is an ideal sound reinforcement solution for remote locations. With 156 dB of forceful acoustics, operators have the ability to issue clear, authoritative verbal commands and cut through high background noise environments (such as airplanes, helicopters, sirens, vehicles, and boisterous crowds) to ensure unmistakable commands. Piercing alert tones are heard loudly and clearly.
A powerful built-in alert tone projects an attention-getting, high frequency warning which enhances military and security personnel’s response. This non-lethal deterrent tone can be as loud as 156 dB and is highly irritating. It can be compared to a water cannon, but with sound.
Operated remotely across an IP network, the Remotely Operated Acoustic Hailing Device allows operators to respond to potential threats from a safe setting, creating a complete unmanned perimeter security solution.
Enhancing remote security, the Remotely Operated Acoustic Hailing Device equipment bay is easily configured with an optional video camera, search light or laser dazzler. The addition of IP-enabled sensors gives security personnel additional time and valuable information to evaluate a potential threat.
With an acoustic footprint of 2000 meters and a narrow acoustic beam of +/-5°, clear, intelligible and authoritative commands are broadcast to intended targets with industry leading clarity.
- Military Security
- Maritime and Port Security
- Perimeter Protection
- Law Enforcement
- Oil and Gas Platforms
- Wildlife Avoidance
- Commercial Shipping
EXAMPLES OF LAW ENFORCEMENT APPLICATIONS
- Hostage Negotiations
- Crowd Control
- Crisis Management
- Search and Rescue
- Issuing Felony Warrants
- Serving Warrants to Methamphetamine Labs
- Lost Child
- Mass Evacuation
- Mass Notification (e.g. sports events, natural disasters)
- Traffic Stops
- Incident Perimeter (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear)
- Humanitarian Relief
- Maritime Interdiction Operations
- Fire Rescue
OTHER PRODUCT APPLICATIONS
- Shipboard protection from pirates and terrorists (private yachts, cruise lines, commercial vessels, Navy ships)
- Perimeter/infrastructure protection for oil and gas platforms, mining operations, and chemical/nuclear/power plants
- Perimeter security for private properties of wealthy individuals
- Crowd control for public safety agencies (police, SWAT teams, etc).
- Counter sniper mission support (use the warning tone to drive suspects from buildings)
- Airborne warning and notification from helicopters to people on the ground
- Long range communication for public safety agencies (police, SWAT teams, etc).
- Commercial/government/military site security
- Port security
- Search and rescue for harbor/port police
- Coastal surveillance for harbor/port police
- Enforcement of exclusion zones by the military
- Critical infrastructure protection by the military
- Military and police psychological operations
- Military traffic and access control points
- Military interdiction operations
- Military checkpoint operations
- Military detainee operations
- Border security
- Disaster areas – effective for vocal communication at great distances
- Transmitting bird distress calls to repel targeted birds from crops, buildings, airports, and wind farms
The technology behind the Acoustic Hailing Device (Long Range Acoustic Device LRAD) was developed to support the protection and exclusion zones around U.S. Navy warships following the October 12, 2000 small-boat terrorist attack on the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen killing 17 sailors and causing $240 million in structural damage to the $1 billion ship. Acoustic Hailing Devices are currently used around the world on sea (military, private and commercial vessels), on ground (tanks, armored vehicles, military/police vehicles, structures), and in the air (helicopters).
EXAMPLES OF CURRENT USERS
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Army
- Police Departments Worldwide
- SWAT Teams
- Cruise Lines
- Private Companies
- National Guard
- 156 dB SPL peak acoustic output
- Narrow acoustic beam: +/- 5°
- Wide frequency range: 245 Hz – 10 kHz optimized for human voice
- Ethernet addressable for remote capability
- Compact enclosure to reduce radar cross section and wind loading
- Equipment bay positions optics with acoustic beam
- Compatible with many optics and cameras