Aluminum Welding Tape
The Aluminum Welding Tape, also known as Purge Gas Retaining Tape, is used to seal the root gap between pipes to trap Argon gas, but in a most innovative way. The welding tape is composed of two aluminum adhesive areas on the outside edges, with an adhesive-free center “zone”. The unique design of the aluminum welding tape allows the edges to stick to the area surrounding the root gap on stainless steel and aluminum pipes with the adhesive-free “zone” being placed over the weld. The adhesive portion of the tape never comes in contact with the pipe as it is welded, creating a clean, contaminant-free weld. The Aluminum Welding Tape is halogen and flurocarbon free.
HOW IT WORKS
- Line up “zone” or adhesive-free section of the Aluminum Welding Tape over the root gap. Adhesive sections of the Aluminum Welding Tape should be secured, one section on each of the adjoining pipes.
- Insert purge gas needle into root gap. Ensure connection to gas line.
- Introduce noble gas and start welding.
The Aluminum Welding Tape was selected to be used at an Australian LNG site. In a short period of time, the Aluminum Welding Tape has become a standard in the nuclear, chemical power plant, aerospace, and other industries.
Contaminant Free Weld
- With the Aluminum Welding Tape, it is easy to create a contaminant-free weld. Only the center adhesive-free “zone” is placed over the root gap. The adhesive portion of the welding tape never comes in contact with the pipe as it is welded, creating a clean, contaminant-free weld.
- High heat resistant, the welding tape withstands high temperatures.
Easy to Apply
- Simply align the adhesive-free “zone” over the root gap.
- The Aluminum Welding Tape has a peel back liner that removes effortlessly.
- The Aluminum Welding Tape stays firmly in place once applied.
- The Aluminum Welding Tape is designed to conform to irregular surfaces.
Easy to Save
- Controls where, when and how much gas exits the weld area
- Comparable pricing to “ordinary” aluminum or welding tape
- Reduces amount of gas used
- Reduces labor time on clean-up
TYPES AND SIZES
The Aluminum Welding Tape is a 3 mil (75 micron) aluminum foil coated with a high shear, heat-resistant acrylic adhesive system. The soft foil conforms well to irregular surfaces. This welding tape is available in two sizes 2.5″ (64mm) and 4.0″ (102mm) widths. The adhesive-free zones are 1″ (2.5 cm) and 2″ (5 cm) respectively.
|AA97202-25||2.5″ (64 mm)||75′ (23 m)||18 rolls|
|AA97202-40||4.0″ (102 mm)||75′ (23 m)||12 rolls|
|Minimum Application Temperature||10°F||-12.5°C|